I stuck two big fingers up to the 2016 reading slump in January and read 14 books, which I think is the most I've read in one month possibly ever; I read a lot as a child, but I had a tendency to re-read books I adored again and again and again.
Not only did I read a good amount of books, but I enjoyed most of them, too. In fact most of them I enjoyed a lot, with only a few disappointments (including two DNFs) thrown in there. I'm going to be DNFing a lot more books this year, at least I am if I find myself reading books that I want to DNF; I'm hoping that the majority of the books I read this year are going to be ones I enjoy, but I'm not going to stress out about not finishing books like I feel as though I did last year. There's just too much I'd rather be reading to feel guilty about DNFing something isn't for me!
- Woman Who Brings the Rain by Eluned Gramich
- The Ladybird Book of Dating by Jason Hazeley
- Tulip Fever by Deborah Moggach (DNF)
- The One Hundred Nights of Hero by Isabel Greenberg (Reviewed here!)
- The Good Immigrant ed. by Nikesh Shukla (Reviewed here!)
- The Driver's Seat by Muriel Spark (Reviewed here!)
- McTavish Manor by Inés G. Labarta (Reviewed here!)
- The Things Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Reviewed here!)
- The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin
- The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston (DNF)
- The Other Half of Happiness by Ayisha Malik
- As I Descended by Robin Talley
- Final Girls by Riley Sager
- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
What did you read in January?