I've already talked about some of my reading/bookish resolutions for this week's Top Ten Tuesday post, but I thought I'd talk about a few of my other resolutions this year!
- To make more use of Instagram when it comes to promoting my blog. This is something I've already started doing, and I'm having a lot of fun with it!
- To use my 2016 diary. Every year someone buys me a diary for Christmas - usually a very pretty one, too - but I always forget to use it. This year I have one which my Nanna bought me for Christmas, and I'm determined to keep it updated, keep it in my bag and use it. I know a lot of people store information on their phones, and it's something I sometimes do too, but I think having a diary in my bag that I can scribble in will help me a lot!
- To do some kind of craft or bake something. I love to read and write and I love to watch great films and shows, but I want to try my hand at something else arty, too. I have no artistic talent whatsoever (even my stickmen come out wrong) but I still want to do something, particularly if I'm having a lazy, rainy Sunday.
- To write as much as I can. As I've said before, 2015 was a brilliant reading year but not a particularly good writing year; in 2016 I'd like to write as much as I can as often as I can, instead of worrying about whether or not I'm good enough. There are plenty of competitions and anthologies to send work to, so I want to make sure I do just that!
- To pass my driving test. I started taking driving lessons again in 2o15, something I'm very proud of myself for considering driving used to terrify me, and I was hoping to pass my test, but it was something I didn't get around to. Hopefully soon I'll have my license!
- To move out. I'm very lucky. Some people leave uni and aren't able to move back home with their parents. I'm lucky enough to still have a room in my parents' house, and to be able to stay there rent-free. This year I'm hoping to find a permanant job back in England; I currently live in Wales, where my parents moved while I was at uni due to my dad's job, and while Wales is lovely it's never quite felt like home to me. I'd like to find myself a permanant full-time job, in either writing or editing, and set myself up in a little flat. It's time to be a grownup!
Have you made any resolutions this year? Tell me about them!