They say with age comes wisdom, whoever 'they' are, so despite feeling terrified at the prospect of being 24 years old, I thought I'd share some of the things I've learned in life so far.
1. It doesn't matter if you're born bald, your head will make up for that hair in later life until you're shedding everywhere.
2. It's pronounced 'plowing', not 'pluffing'.
3. Don't fight land rovers. Unless you're bionic, the land rover will win.
4. It's true: you really will never get over Sirius Black.
5. Trying hard at school does pay off. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
6. Pessimism will get you nowhere. Shitty things happen - that's life - but expecting things to go wrong doesn't make you any more mature than the optimists.
7. People who tell you you're too old for Disney are dead inside.
8. It's true that most politicians aren't worth trusting, but it's still worth voting. If you want the world to be better then help make it better.
9. Feminism is not a dirty word.
10. Dinosaurs are still cool.
11. It's okay if you don't know where your life is going; adulthood is a myth.
12. You'll know who your real friends are.
13. Wasps are evil. EVIL.
14. As the youngest sibling, it's your biological imperative to irritate your sisters/brothers.
15. Moving is scary, but staying in one place your whole life is scarier.
16. Support other people's passions, no matter how bizarre they might seem to you.
17. Religion and the Church are not the same thing. The Church is flawed, but the majority of religious people are lovely.
18. Don't ask for your friends' advice if you're not going to take it.
19. Daytime tv is literally the worst.
20. Be confident when applying eyeliner - it can smell fear.
21. 'Happy and Healthy' includes mental health, too. Take care of yourself.
22. There's no such thing as 'too many books', only too few shelves.
23. Hair grows back. If you want to cut it, cut it.
24. 24 is not old.