I very, very, very recently discovered the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon, hosted by Alexa Loves Books, so even though I'm off to a very late start I thought I'd join in - I'll always try to jump on any opportunity that gives me the chance to meet some new bloggers!
Alexa has written a questionnaire for the participants to answer, to share a little something about ourselves, so, without further ado, here are my (very late!) answers!
1) What's your name?
2) Where in the world are you blogging from?
I'm from the UK; I'm from North Yorkshire originally, but I'm currently living in South Wales.
3) How did you get into blogging in the first place?
When I realised that blogs were a thing and that people used them to talk about books I knew I needed to get in on that. For ages I kept meaning to blog, but I was very bad at making myself stick to it and I was always worried that people would have no interest in what I had to say anyway. Then by the end of 2013 I decided that one of my New Year's Resolutions was going to be to blog regularly throughout 2014, and I did and I'm still going!
4) How did you come up with your blog name?
I'm a big fan of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and I've always loved that line. :)
5) What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I'm pretty sure it's historical fiction. I love me some historical fiction.
6) What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I post discussion posts whenever I have something to say that's been eating away at me for a while, I post recommendations, I take part in Top Ten Tuesday and What's Up Wednesday as often as I can, I have my Stories & Songs and Classics & Contemporaries posts, and next month I'm going to be hosting the Forgotten Histories Reading Challenge!
7) Best blogging experience so far?
Being sent an ARC of Mistress Firebrand from the author, Donna Thorland, because she saw me mention it in my Most Anticipated Reads of 2015 post was pretty awesome!
8) Favourite thing about the blogging community?
I think it's the enthusiasm. It's so great to speak to people from all over the world who love books as much as I do.
9) Name the 5 books you're most excited for this 2015!
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- Rolling in the Deep by Mira Grant
- Rat Queens, Vol.2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth by Kurtis J. Wiebe and Roc Upchurch
- The Dinosaur Lords by Victor Milán
- The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker
10) What's an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
I'll never stop recommending Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Black and Feed by Mira Grant.
11) Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Georgia from the Newsflesh trilogy. I adore her.
12) Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I'm a writer, I've had one of my short stories published and I've done some game writing, and I love watching films, too. Basically I'm a fan of storytelling in all its forms! I'm also a huuuuge history nerd, and I'll go and visit historic places whenever I'm given the chance to; my Dad and I visited Pembroke Castle last October and it was fantastic!
13) Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
DVDs, jewellery and general nerdy stuff. One of the main reasons I go to Comic Conventions whenever I can is so I can stock up on Harry Potter necklaces and the like. I sometimes enjoy looking for clothes, but most of the time I just get frustrated because there's NEVER ANYTHING IN MY SIZE.
14) At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song - and it's your song. What song would be playing?
I don't know if it's really my song, but I will always, always dance to Bon Jovi's "Livin' On A Prayer"...
15) Pick out either a book you wanted turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book
I'd love to see the Newsflesh trilogy adapted into a TV show!