Today is the first day of Top 10 of 2014, hosted by Two Chicks on Books! I wasn't sure whether I was going to take part initially, but in the end I thought: why the hell not? I love events like these because they always introduce me to new blogs and bloggers that I've been unaware of before, and it's a lot of fun seeing which books other people talk about.
The first category is Best Books I've Read in 2014. I've been a little naughty in that, through Top Ten Tuesday, I've actually already listed my top ten, but I'm still going to do it again and leave a link to my Top Ten Tuesday post here.
So, in the order I read them, my Top 10 Books of 2014 are:
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman (reviewed here!)
- Cress by Marissa Meyer (reviewed here!)
- Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
- Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks (reviewed here!)
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
- Feed by Mira Grant (reviewed here!)
- The Undressed by Jemma L. King
- Frenchman's Creek by Daphne du Maurier
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (reviewed here!)
- Christmas at Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop by Jenny Colgan (reviewed here!)